Sunday, January 29, 2012

Mental Approach to a WOD Diagram Old vs. New

Before Diagram found on Internet
After Diagram with my professional touches
I will be honest, I do not remember where I saw this diagram, but when I did see it I was excited! Yes! CrossFit taking a mental approach to working out. As I read it, I agreed with a lot of the content that was in each section, but I felt it needed more actual sport psych tools. Having a Master's in sport psychology and business in mental performance training, I thought I would put my touches on  the "mental approach to CrossFit." There are only truly two active sport psychology consultants in CrossFit, myself and Dawn Fletcher. You can follow her blog at www.fletcherfitness.com. I respect the things that she has done as far as mental performance in CrossFit and someday hope to team up with her!

She has done a great job bringing awareness to sport psychology and promoting herself and I hope I can help bring it to another level with my background in sport psychology and research I have done with professionals like Terry Orlick, Jenelle N. Gilbert, and Wade Gilbert (if you know much about sport psychology then you will know these names). So back to where I was going with all this...the top left photo is the photo I found online on the mental approach to CrossFit...follow it; good stuff....now look at my revamp of the diagram from a professional sport psychology consultant stand point and how I would help an athlete (this is the first draft; this is a on going approach). Compare the difference...sorry the picture is not so good...created in word then put in PDF and then some how put into a photo...so kind of blurry ha! But, yes compare and decide what helps...heck! Put them together they are both good and have very strong points.

No comments:

Post a Comment