Sunday, January 15, 2012

2 Weeks into the Paleo Challenge

It has been 2 weeks now since CrossFit FTF and I have started the Paleo Challenge...first day I weighed in at 206...a couple of days ago I weighed in at 196...I have lost 10lbs!! My goal is to get down to 190 or even 185...lean but strong...my strength has NOT gone down...that is what I was worried about. Since starting the challenge I have noticed a lot more energy through out the day and I over just feel GOOD...I had some say that I am "glowing" haha...Something that has been nice about the challenge is that it forces me to cook and really become aware of what I am eating...what I am putting in my body...and that nutrition really is the foundation to the fitness pyramid.

I have read a few books about the Paleo diet and the one thing I am still not use to but has been warned in everything I read is eating FAT...I mean yes they are good fats, but I am still so use to the 'old' idea that we need complex carbs from grains and milk makes strong bones and fat is bad...but heck, I have been eating clean and lots of fat and I am losing weight and toning...so it is a nice reminder to keep going. What is up with all the pictures on Facebook? There is a couple of reasons that I take pictures of my food and post on Facebook...one to track what I eat...two motivation for myself and everyone else who is doing the challenge...and final to share with the world about the challenge and the benefits of eating like a 'caveman!' 

The only thing that has been hard is not having beer...I know that sounds bad...and YES I can survive without beer...but before the challenge I drank beer maybe 1-2 times every 2 weeks...not a lot right...so why do I miss it? Because I drink beer like others drink wine...I drink beer to taste beers...I love dark hoppy beers and talking about it with others...I actually enjoy the science behind the brewing...etc...I don't really miss much other then that...some nights I have craved 'bad' foods but it is easy to fight the urge...

I believe that after the challenge I will go about 95% Paleo...the 5% being beer and random dinner nights with Amanda (my love) or friends...but I still think my food choices will be very close to Paleo...and if not it will be in small portions because my stomach will not be able to handle the grains fully...which I am okay with...I am excited to see my 'after' photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment